Rocca di Castagnoli

The village of Castagnoli has existed since the Early Middle Ages. The first reliable documentation regarding Castagnoli dates as far back as the year 900 AD and concerns the sale of a holding called Stielle, which today is one of the best known vineyards on the Rocca di Castagnoli estate. Three centuries later, in 1203, Castagnoli was incorporated into the territory of Florence and became part of the League of Chianti under the municipality of Gaiole. In the 1700s, under the management of the Tempi family, it became one of the most celebrated estates in the area. Much has changed since then: the estate has undergone extensive renovations in recent years and modern winemaking practices have been introduced in the vineyards and cellars. www.roccadicastagnoli.com