Chateau Les Barraillots

This small 6-hectare estate is located on a gravel soil amongst the great classified growths of Margaux, neighbouring Ch. Marquis de Terme, Rauzan Gassies and even Margaux itself. The estate was founded in 1928 by Ferdinand Brunet, the current owner’s great grandfather, who had worked as a cooper for Ch. Margaux and acquired two magnificent parcels of land belonging to Ch. Palmer and Durfort Vivens. They hand pick their grapes at full ripeness. Thirty five year old Cabernet Sauvignon vines make up 55% of the blend, with 35% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. The grapes are fermented in temperature controlled stainless vats and the wine is then matured in oak barrels, one quarter of which are renewed every year. This is a classic Margaux, typical of the appellation, medium-bodied but rounded, delicate and elegant, with cherry and blueberry flavours, with well integrated oak flavours and ripe tannins on the palate.